Company: Recruitment Connection
Location: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Job Type: Direct Hire
We are looking for 2 Production Worker(s) to join our client’s manufacturing team in the Mississauga area.
- 3-5 years of relevant industrial work experience such as: assembly line worker, high speed packaging, operating a production line, machine operator.
- Minimum grade 12 education or GED, some post-secondary education preferred.
- Past experience with 5S or Lean manufacturing or is a definite an asset.
- Forklift license and experience is a definite plus.
Duties and Responsibilities
- As a production line operator /production worker you will be making equipment adjustments to ensure proper specifications for finished products are met.
- Learn to operate automated plant manufacturing equipment and recognize when the production line changes from standard operating conditions.
- Check finished manufactured product using measurement devices such as micrometers, calipers and tape measures.
- Assist with other activities throughout the manufacturing plant.
- Perform all duties following the company safety standards and procedures.
- Do quality checks and record the results in the production computer system log.
- Production line setup, changeovers and adjustments.
- Perform routine minor maintenance and cleaning of equipment.
- Recognize unsafe conditions or hazards in work area.
- Communicate and work well with other employees and management staff (team-oriented environment).
- Follow good housekeeping practices in your work area.
- Be organized and able to multitask.
- Training will be provided.
- Must be able to work a 3 shift rotation or 12 hour rotating continental work week.
Pay rate is $24.50/hour to start and can go up to $30/hour as you complete the required training modules. Comprehensive Benefit Package after completing 3 months probation. Pension plan.
If you are interested in learning more about the production worker opportunity and meet the required qualifications, please submit your updated resume.