Company: Recruitment Connection
Location: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Job Type: Full Time
The Production Supervisor is responsible for providing leadership to their team and ensuring that the production schedule, product quality and safety standards of the company are met.
- 5 years of supervisor or production management experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Degree in Engineering preferred, College Diploma in a technical field or equivalent and related work experience.
- Mechanical aptitude and ability to identify machine reliability challenges, conduct minor repairs and machine adjustments as required.
- Strong interpersonal, team building, coaching, mentoring and communication skills.
- Lean manufacturing and ISO experience is a definite asset.
- Must have Occupational Health and Safety knowledge, experience and training.
- Proficient computer skills (Microsoft Office, SAP).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise, schedule the daily activities of workers to ensure customer orders can be completed on time.
- Perform daily workplace inspections to ensure unsafe conditions are identified and resolve workers safety concerns.
- Maintain a safe working environment by ensuring all company safety guidelines and standards are met.
- Must be able to lead by example and mentor the production team and help resolve personnel issues.
- Able to delegate tasks with clear expectations and deadlines for completion.
- Proven analytical, problem solving, organizational and time management skills.
- Implement initiatives aimed at improving processes, safety and efficiencies while achieving cost reductions.
- Identify the training needs of your team and provide employee performance feedback.
- Participate or lead in plant training programs, process improvement projects, incident investigation and health & safety issues.
- Manage the personnel for your shift, schedule overtime and shift coverage as needed.
- Organize and ensure the timely and accurate flow of production to meet deadlines, quality and safety targets.
- Must be able to work rotating shifts and weekends when needed.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
If you are interested in learning more about the Production Supervisor opportunity and meet the required qualifications, please submit your updated resume.