Company: Recruitment Connection
Location: Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Job Type: Full Time
We are looking for a millwright apprentice to join our client’s manufacturing team in the Hamilton area.
- Millwright Apprentice, registered 3rd or 4th year.
- Minimum grade 12 education and some post-secondary education preferred.
- 3-5 years equipment maintenance experience.
- General working knowledge of safe electrical practices.
- Knowledge and use of hand and power tools, grinder, cutting torch, welding machine, etc.
- Manual machining experience an asset.
- Hydraulic and pneumatic systems experience.
- Quick learner, team player with initiative.
- Capable of meeting deadlines.
- Able to work day and afternoon shift.
- Forklift license an asset.
- Overhead Crane certification an asset.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform repairs on production equipment as required.
- Perform preventative maintenance on equipment and follow proper procedures.
- Help minimize equipment downtime by reacting quickly to equipment issues.
- Keep the maintenance supervisor up to date on repairs.
- Work with machine operators when troubleshooting equipment problems.
- Keep notes on known issues and potential line improvements.
- Abide by all Health & Safety rules, safe practices and requirements.
- Keep work areas clean and free of obstructions.
- Any additional duties as assigned by your supervisor.
- Maintain working knowledge of all Health & Safety policies.
- Correct and communicate on any unsafe acts, conditions of plant to the safety manager.
- Support and promote all aspects of the corporate Health & Safety program.
- Perform regular workplace inspections, both scheduled and unscheduled.
- Available to work overtime and extended hours when needed.
If you are interested in learning more about the millwright apprentice opportunity and meet the required qualifications, please submit your updated resume.