Company: Recruitment Connection
Location: Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Job Type: Full Time
- 3-5 years of manufacturing experience as a Maintenance Supervisor in a manufacturing setting.
- Must have strong interpersonal, team building, coaching and communication skills.
- Working knowledge and experience in ISO, Occupational Health and Safety, and Production Maintenance.
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to identify the root cause of machine breakdowns.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Mechanical, electrical aptitude and knowledge in machine maintenance and repair.
- Must be able to lead by example and mentor the maintenance team and help resolve personnel issues.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MP2, SAP.
- College Diploma in a technical field or licensed millwright or licensed electrician with related supervisor work experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise skilled trade employees for plant and equipment maintenance activities.
- Ensure maintenance projects, planned and corrective maintenance, preventative and predictive maintenance, process improvements and modifications and installation of new equipment are completed on time and within budget.
- Lead a team of skilled trade employees in the maintenance and improvement of plant equipment and facilities by assigning work duties and inspecting completed work.
- Use a computerized maintenance management system to organize and track maintenance work in the plant.
- Responsible for the safety of the maintenance crew; lead incident investigations.
- Maintain a safe work environment by enforcing all company safety guidelines and standards.
- Able to delegate tasks in a clear manner with expected time frames for completion.
- Identify training needs of your personnel and provide performance feedback.
- Ensure that your team is properly trained in the safe performance of their duties.
- Promote a positive union management relationship and assist in the administration of the collective agreement.
- Schedule overtime and other shift coverage for the 24 hour, 7 days a week manufacturing operation.
- Lead or participate in manufacturing improvement projects.
- Supervise a unionized team of repair and maintenance staff within an industrial manufacturing environment.
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities as assigned by the plant manager.
- Must be able to work over time and weekends when required.
If you are interested in learning more about the Maintenance Supervisor opportunity and meet the required qualifications, please submit your updated resume.