Company: Recruitment Connection
Location: Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Job Type: Direct Hire
We are looking for a Maintenance Mechanic to join our client’s manufacturing team in the Brampton area. This is a Straight Day Shift position.
- Must have a valid Ontario Industrial Mechanic Millwright License 433A.
- Minimum grade 12 education and some post-secondary education preferred.
- 3-5 years of relevant industrial work experience.
- Must be able to read mechanical drawings and blueprints.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Basic computer skills, experience with CMMS systems.
- Past experience with lean manufacturing is a definite an asset.
- Forklift license and experience is a definite plus.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- As a production line millwright you will be making equipment repairs and adjustments to ensure proper specifications for finished product are met.
- Learn to maintain automated plant manufacturing equipment and recognize changes from standard operating conditions.
- Assist with other maintenance activities throughout the manufacturing plant.
- Performing all duties in a safe manner following company safety standards.
- Perform work orders and record the results in the maintenance log using a Windows based computer operating system.
- Production line overhauls and machine part replacement.
- Perform routine lubrication and maintenance on production equipment.
- Recognize unsafe conditions or hazards in work area.
- Communicate and work well with other employees and management staff (team-oriented environment).
- Follow good housekeeping practices in your work area.
- Be organized and able to multitask.
- Training and in-house certifications will be provided.
- Day shift Monday to Friday
If you are interested in learning more about the millwright opportunity and meet the required qualifications, please submit your updated resume.