Company: Recruitment Connection
Location: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Job Type: Full Time
We are looking for a Maintenance Electrician to join our client’s manufacturing team in the Mississauga area.
- Must have a valid Ontario Industrial Maintenance Electrician License 442A.
- Minimum grade 12 education and some post-secondary education preferred.
- 3-5 years of relevant manufacturing work experience.
- Must be able to read electrical drawings, blueprints, schematics and electrical code specifications in order to effectively troubleshoot, maintain and repair plant equipment.
- Experience with Allen Bradley PLC’s, Variable Frequency Drives (VFD’s) and a solid understanding of CSA standards.
- Excellent trouble shooting and analytical skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Basic computer skills, experience with CMMS systems.
- Past experience with lean manufacturing or 5S is a definite an asset.
- Forklift and aerial lifts certification and experience is a definite plus.
Duties and Responsibilities :
- As a production line electrician you will be making equipment repairs and adjustments to ensure proper specifications for finished product are met.
- Learn to maintain automated plant manufacturing equipment and recognize changes from standard operating conditions.
- Assist with other maintenance activities throughout the manufacturing plant.
- Performing all duties in a safe manner following company safety standards.
- Perform work orders and record the results in the maintenance log using a Windows based computer operating system.
- Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures.
- Install conduit and pull wires through the conduit to complete circuits.
- Wire machinery and equipment such as mixers, saws, gear-boxes, motors, conveyors, etc.
- Recognize unsafe conditions or hazards in work area.
- Communicate and work well with other employees and management staff (team-oriented environment).
- Follow good housekeeping practices in your work area.
- Be organized and able to multitask.
- Training and in-house certifications will be provided.
- Must be able to work a 2 shift rotation (days and afternoons) Monday to Friday.
- Available to work overtime and extended hours when needed.
- Overtime is paid after 40 hours. 100% paid for by the company benefits package, yearly salary increases, quarterly bonuses and rotating shift premiums.
If you are interested in learning more about the Maintenance Electrician opportunity and meet the required qualifications, please submit your updated resume.